Wednesday, July 12, 2006

 

What a Wonderful World

Some of you young folks been saying to me, 'Hey Pops, what you mean what a wonderful world? How about all them wars all over the place? You call them wonderful? And how about hunger and pollution? They ain't so wonderful either.' But how about listening to old Pops for a minute. It seems to me it ain't the world that's so bad, but what we're doing to it, and all I'm saying is see what a wonderful world it would be if only we'd give it a chance. Love, baby, love. That's the secret. Yeah. If lots more of us loved each other, we'd solve lots more problems. And man, this world would be a gasser.


Louis Armstrong (1901-1970)

I see trees of green, red roses too

I see them bloom for me and you

And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

I see skies of blue and clouds of white

The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night

And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

The colours of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky

Are also on the faces of people going by

I see friends shakin' hands, sayin' "How do you do?"

They're really saying "I love you"

I hear babies cryin', I watch them grow

They'll learn much more than I'll ever know

And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

Yes, I think to myself, what a wonderful world

Oh yeah


Comments:
I love this song
:)
Thanks for this blog.
 
yaaay
I do adore that song.. best remedy for the bluest moods..
brilliant choice ya alaa

and here you are a link for any of your readers who wish to listen to it now

http://www.mdu.edu.tw/~aldychang/Louis%20Armstrong%20-%20What%20A%20Wonderful%20World.mp3


wish u'd like it :)
 
click right and "save target as"

what a wonderful world
Louis Armstrong
 
Do you know each time bet7asesny be gahly
selection of hard wonderful Magnificent song
 
"Sigh"...a beautiful start for the day ya Alaa...love it.
 
if I tell you I'm listening to Louis Armstrong now, will you believe me? :)

I'm listening to a song called "heaven".. it's as brilliant as this one :)

don't you love urself when u listen to this guy! :)
 
the idea reminds me of Jason Mraz - Life Is Wonderful...
mood bardo
 
Abdou basha: any time, blog fellow!

Blue: thanx alot 4 the comment& the link. However, I haven't chosen this song as amiolerate a 'bluer' mood, but coz I believe in what Armstrong said in the quote above!!

Gbalawy: You shouldn't say this! I knew nothing about Louis Armstrong till very recently!! I was in some search for prominent US musicians during the Harlem Renaissance period, and disovered (4 my very good luck) that Armstrong was one of the earliest Jazz musicians (and later) vocals in America.

I started to download musical files for some prominent musicians notably in the period in question. And that's all ya Gbalawy!

Nerro: such an inspring comment ya Nerro!

Ghada: yes, yes, yes (dunt b scared I still have more English vocabulary)!!!

Bat: Again it's not about my mood as long as about my conviction. Love, baby, love, that's the secret!
 
الجميل
لويس ارمسترونج
 
w malo ya farwa mesh 3ib ! love ya 7'oya howa 7ad maskak ?!
 
أحمد: طيب ممكن تسكرول لتحت شوية هتلاقي واحد تاني "جميل" و"رقيق" على رأي نور!!

Bat: Grrrrrrrrrrr!!
 
I'm reading this very nice post...and listening to the beautiful song...what a soothing tune,,,!

Never heard it before!

Great Choice, Alaadin!

It's indeed a "wonderful world" despite all! :)
 
إبيتاف: الرسالة التي أحببت إيصالها من البوست ده إننا لا نفقد الأمل في غد أفضل مهما كانت الصورة قاتمة وأن "الحب" و"الحياة" لا ينفصلان أبداً! وعلى رأي عم آرمستروج الجميل "لاف بيبي لاف زاتس زا سيكريت"!!
 
el resla weslt...:)

But..nowadays..."death" sticks to "life".. and "dry" to "love"...I hope as Armstrong once hoped...that the right equation will be set :) I hope!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?